Yogurt Soup with Noodles and Meatballs

I'm taking you to Turkey today with this soup.  I bought a Mediterranean cookbook a looooong time ago and kind of forgot all about it (it's a VERY big book, so I put it in a corner).  As I was scheduling the weekly meal menu, I somehow noticed the book.  Then I found this recipe.  I tweaked it just a little and loved what came out!  I served ours with yummy rolls.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-3 cups plain yogurt
-2 egg yolks
-2 Tbs flour
-2 cups water
-3 garlic cloves, crushed
-10 oz (about 16) frozen Italian style beef meatballs
-6 oz medium dry egg noodles
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-dash of cayenne pepper
-1/4 cup unsalted butter
-1 small onion, finely chopped
-1 Tbs dried mint flakes
Directions:
In a large pot, mix well together the yogurt, yolks and flour.  Once mixed well, place the pot on the stove.  Bring it to a simmer.  Add water, garlic and frozen meatballs.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter.  Add the onion and mint.  Cook until onion is translucent.  Remove from stove.
Once the soup is boiling, lower the heat and add the noodles.  Cook for about 3 minutes.  Add the salt, pepper and cayenne.  Cook for 1more minute.  Stir in the onion mixture and continue cooking for about 4 more minutes.  Serve hot.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts