Super Easy Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

I have never made homemade ice cream.  I usually am quite content with the one I buy from the store.  Then one of my dear friends decided to have a neighborhood homemade ice cream contest and I thought, why not try to make some?  Now I don't have an ice cream maker and I don't really want to buy one.  So I started doing a little research.  That lead to finding this AMAZING recipe from none other than sweet Paula Deen.  I was sold immediately when I noticed how easy it is to make and after reading the reviews.  Everyone raved about this.  It is seriously insanely easy and quick to make.  The longest time consuming is the whipping of the heavy cream!  Then you mix it, freeze it and eat it.  You can't get easier than this!  The result is also FANTASTIC!   The ice cream is creamy and delicious.  Give it a try.  You definitely won't regret it.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 cups heavy cream
-3 egg yolks
-1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
-4 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup original oreos
Directions:
In a large plastic bowl, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.  In a separate bowl mix the eggs, condensed milk and vanilla.  Mix very well.  Pour cookies into plastic bag and crush them coarsely.  Pour egg mixture and crushed cookies over whipped cream.  Mix very well.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until firm.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts