Individual Potato Gratins

These are probably the best potatoes I've ever had!  So creamy and delicious!  Yum!  I adapted the recipe from Melissa d'Arabian from foodnetwork.com.  She uses Swiss cheese, but I'm not that big of a fan, so I like to use good old shredded mozzarella. I like to eat these potatoes with my fried chicken and some veggies.  This last time I've had them I used Melissa's recipe for a bed of spinach.  I posted the recipe below.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-3 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
-1 cup shredded mozzarella
-3 green onions, finely chopped
-salt and pepper, to taste
-1 cup heavy cream or half and half
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.  Layer potato slices, cheese and green onion into each muffin cup.  Season with salt and pepper.  Pour 1-2 Tbs heavy cream on top of each gratin.  Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake for 20 more minutes.  Scoop them out with a spoon and enjoy!

Bed of Spinach

Ingredients:
-1 bag spinach
-3 Tbs water
-1 Tbs butter
-1 Tbs lemon juice
-salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
Place spinach and water in a microwave-proof dish.  Microwave on high for  5 minutes.  Drain.  Toss with butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts