Mint Chocolate Cookies

On Monday night, before FHE, I was struggling (as usual) to come up with a dessert. Those of you who know me, know that I have a thing for mint chocolate.  So I went searching for a recipe to make mint chocolate cookies.  This recipe looked like a winner, especially that it doesn't call for eggs, which of course I was out of.:)  I found the recipe here.  I know, the cookies look like a disaster (I don't know why they spread so much), but the taste was absolutely delicious!  We devoured them in no time! :)  The recipe calls for mint chips, which I didn't have.  I substituted that with some chocolate mints and mint extract.  Enjoy!
 These are the chocolate mints I used.
 Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2/3 cup cocoa
-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature and cubed
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-1/3 cup milk
-1/2 tsp mint extract
-6 oz chocolate mints, chopped
Directions:
Preheat oven at 325 F.  Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa.  Set aside.  Place cubed butter in mixer and beat until light.  Add white and brown sugar, and cream well.  Add vanilla and mint extract.  After well mixed, add half of the flour mixture, then the milk, then the rest of the flour mixture.  Mix well.  Fold in chocolate mint chunks.  Chill dough for at least 15 minutes (up to 2 days).
Scoop the dough onto parchment paper. 
 Bake for 13-14 minutes.  Let cookies set on cookie sheet (they'll set as they cool).  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts