Liver with Feta and Cucumbers

I don't know why people are so scared of eating liver and other organs.  Growing up in communism, meat was quite scarce.  Whenever we could find bones (yes, you read that right) or organs to buy, it was like hitting the jackpot!  So, people learned how to prepare them, and they are quite tasty.  Well, I had this liver from my Thanksgiving turkey and I had to use it.  It's really easy to prepare.  I hope you enjoy it!
Dip the liver in milk.  This will help remove any of the bitterness.  Heat 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil in saute pan over low-medium heat.  Saute liver, turning once, until cooked- about 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.  Lightly season with salt and pepper. 
I served mine with feta cubes and baby cucumbers.  Slice the cucumber in quarters, but not all the way down (see picture below).  Sprinkle salt inside of it and rub it.  Break it in spears and enjoy!

Comments

Yummy!!!!! Love chicken livers!

Popular Posts