Barbeque Meatloaf

I have been scared of meatloaf for a loooong time because last time (and only time) I had it, it was really bad.  I mean, it was beyond bland.  It was yucky.  So, I have been avoiding it like a plague for the longest time.  Well, I was once watching Bobby Flay's throwdown show and he made meatloaf.  While I wasn't crazy about his, the competitor's meatloaf looked pretty good.  I couldn't get his recipe, but I found this one, which is Paula Deen's ( I adapted it a little).  Let me tell you: this meatloaf changed my opinion!  Yes, meatloaf can be delicious and so was this one!  Enjoy!
 Ingredients:
-1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
-1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
-1 onion, diced
-1 egg, lightly beaten
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
-3 Tbs vinegar (white)
-3 Tbs brown sugar
-2 Tbs Dijon mustard
-2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix together beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.  Form this mixture into a loaf and place it on a cookie sheet.  Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over meatloaf.  Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts