Oriental Salad (Salata Orientala)

I really don't know why this salad is called oriental.  But I grew up with it, so I'll call it that as well, I guess.  Anyway, it literally is another potato salad.   The flavors are amazing!  It's super easy to make and just delicious!  I used cooked herrings for mine, but you can use anchovies instead or no fish at all.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced in large cubes
-2 hard boiled eggs
-1 small onion, quartered and sliced
-1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
-1 cup pickled herrings or 1 small can anchovies (drained), optional
-salt and pepper, to taste
-2 tsp oil
-1 tsp vinegar
Directions:
Cook potatoes until fork tender.  Drain.  Chop the eggs into small chunks.  Mix all ingredients together and adjust the taste as desired.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts