Chicken Enchiladas

I only tried enchiladas once before and I was not too thrilled because of the red sauce.  It was pretty nasty.  Then, I saw this recipe here and I knew I had to try it.  Everything about it sounded good.  I am really happy I tried it because it was DELICIOUS!  So good!  Enjoy!
 Ingredients:
-2 Tbs butter
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tsp ground coriander
-1/4 tsp pepper
-8 oz sour cream
-3 Tbs flour
-1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
-2 cups chicken broth
-1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
-2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
-6 burrito size flour tortillas
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
In a large saucepan melt butter.  Add onion, garlic, coriander and pepper.  Cook until onions are tender (about 5 minutes).
In a small bowl, combine sour cream and flour.  Mix well.  Add mixture to onions.  Also add the chilies and chicken broth.  Stir well and cook until thick and bubbly.  Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
Mix 1/2 cup of sauce into the cooked chicken.  Mix well.  Spread 2-3 spoonfuls of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla and roll up (I like to tuck the ends in as well).
Place tortillas, seam down, into prepared baking dish.  Top tortillas with remaining sauce.  Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.  Uncover and top with remaining cheese.  Bake for 5 more minutes.  Enjoy!

Comments

Emily said…
Buna, Ioana! I saw a comment you left on Carmin (Clifton) Sponseller's blog and wondered if it was really the dear friend I remember from Sectorul 4. Your cooking blog looks so fun and I was especially thrilled to see your Romanian recipes. Pofta buna!

Te pup, Emily (Hart) Cummings

ps. Have a good recipe for zacusca? :)
Ioana said…
So good to hear from you, Emily!!! I just sent you an email.:)
I don't have a recipe for zacusca, but I'll find one soon, make it and post it.:)

Popular Posts