Pecan Chicken with Blackberry Sauce

As soon as I saw this recipe on my friend, Haylee's blog, I knew I had to try it.  I sure am glad I did, because my family and I LOVED it!  The sauce is absolutely incredible!  It has such an amazing flavor!  I tweaked the recipe just a little bit.  A plus is that it's also super easy to put together.  The longest time is for cooking the chicken, so make sure you plan this in advance.  I served ours with some mashed potatoes.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
For the chicken:
-4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
-1/2 cup pecan chips
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
-1/4 tsp ground pepper
-1/2 cup buttermilk
-2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
-1/4 cup diced onion
-2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 tsp sumbol (or crushed red pepper)
-10 oz blackberry preserves
-1/4 cup chicken broth
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp ground pepper
-1 Tbs cornstarch
Directions:
Preheat oven to 300F.
In a shallow bowl, mix pecans, salt, crumbs, and pepper.  Pour buttermilk in another shallow bowl.  Heat the oil in an ovenproof large skillet.
Dredge chicken in buttermilk, then through the crumbs mixture.  Fry in hot oil until lightly brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).  Move skillet into preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the sauce.  Heat oil in skillet.  Add the onion and saute for about 4-5 minutes.  Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.  Simmer until nice and thickened.
Once chicken is done, pour sauce over chicken and enjoy!

Comments

Lynness said…
Oh, wow- I've never heard of anything like this- I will have to make it!
Ioana said…
Lynness, I hope you try it. It is so, so good!

Popular Posts