Strawberry Muffins

My sweet little girls love strawberries and Strawberry Shortcake (the character, that is).  They found this recipe on the Strawberry Shortcake website and asked me to help them make it.  Of course I agreed. :)  I'm so glad I did.  First, it's an excellent time spent with my children; second, the muffins are delicious!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 cups self rising flour
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 cup strawberries, sliced
-1 egg, beaten
-1 cup milk
-1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 F.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar and strawberries.  In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of ingredients.  Stir the egg mixture into flour mixture.  Mix until well blended.  Scoop batter into muffin pans (you might want to line them with muffin papers or grease them before).  Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.  Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina Strawberry Association.

Comments

Popular Posts