Pecan Pie

I love to read good books.  A while back I got to read some of Betsy Brannon Green's mystery books.  At the end of it I found this recipe for a pecan pie.  I gotta admit that pecan pie is probably my favorite type of pie, so I was really excited to try it out.  I was not disappointed at all.  It was soooo good!  Betsy calls for 1 1/4 cups pecan halves, but I put 2 whole cups in my pie.  It wasn't overdone.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-3 eggs
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup light corn syrup
-2 Tbs butter, melted
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 cups pecan halves
-1 (9 inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust
-pinch of salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.  Place pie crust on top.  In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with a fork.  Add sugar, syrup, butter, vanilla and salt.  Stir until blended.  Stir in pecans.  Pour into pie crust.  Bake for 50 minutes.  Let it sit for about 20 minutes for it to thicken.  Let it cool completely before serving.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts