Mama Mia Vegetable Pie

My husband did Weight Watchers online a few year ago.  That's when we came across this recipe.  I have to admit that I am a carnivore and love my meat in most dishes.  But with this one, I instantly fell in love and I do not miss the meat at all.  We absolutely love this dish!  It is super easy to make, healthy and delicious!  I adapted it a little by adding more veggies and  cheese, of course; but it's still within the healthy range.:)  Enjoy!
 Ingredients:
-1 Tbs vegetable oil
-1 medium bell pepper, chopped (or you can use frozen)
-1 onion, chopped (or frozen)
-1 lb mushrooms, chopped
-1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
-10 oz firm tofu, drained and crumbled
-cooking spray
-2 cups cooked spaghetti
-1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F. 
Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add pepper, onion and mushrooms.  Saute until veggies are tender.  Stir in tomato sauce and tofu.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
Coat a 9 inch deep pie plate with cooking spray.  Arrange spaghetti on bottom.  Pour tofu mixture over spaghetti.  Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts