Slow Cooker Fish Chowder

Yes, I do use my slow cooker a lot.  But then, I am a busy mom, who also just started a part time job.  So, I am very grateful that I have this alternative to still be able to prepare nutritious meals for my family.  This chowder is great.  There is a beautiful combination of flavors and is quite filling as well.  The potatoes and corn go wonderful with the fish.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-4 thick slices bacon, chopped
-1 onion, finely chopped
-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
-2 cups frozen corn (do not thaw)
-2 cups water
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
-4 fish fillets (tilapia, haddock, etc), cut into large chunks
Directions:
Cook bacon in large skillet until it begins to brown.  Add the onion and cook until soft (by then, the bacon should be nice and crisp).
Transfer bacon and onion (and liquids) to the slow cooker.  Add the potato chunks, frozen corn, water, salt and pepper.  Stir well, cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Add the milk and fish chunks, cover and cook on low for 1 more hour.
Adjust seasoning, if necessary, ladle into bowls and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts