Foolproof Popovers

I have never had popovers before, but I'll now have them as often as I can!  Not only are these super easy to make, they melt in your mouth too!  They are so tasty, fluffy, and simply delicious!  This recipe makes 8 popovers, but since my family is quite big, I doubled it.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
-2 Tbs butter, melted
-2 eggs
-1 cup milk, warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave (should be lukewarm to warm)
-1 cup flour
-1 tsp salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Coat 8 muffin cups with the butter cooking spray.  Place in hot oven for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the eggs in a blender until light yellow.  Add the warmed milk and blend.  Add the flour, salt, and melted butter.  Blend until smooth.  Pour batter into warm muffin tin and return to the oven to bake until golden, for about 30-35 minutes.  Remove from the oven and serve warm.  Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from a Melissa d'Arabian recipe.

Comments

Lynness said…
I had never had popovers until college, and then I haven't had then since, until recently. Now we make them at least 1 Sunday morning a month. They are really easy! My recipe is very close to yours, but I don't do the warming the milk or the pans. Any idea what that does? Mine seem to pop up just fine. Honey butter is the best thing in the world with these!

Popular Posts