Beans and sausage

I grew up on beans and sausage, and I do make a similar dish to this one quite often for my family.  This recipe is super easy and I again get to use my slow cooker.:)  The taste is absolutely amazing!  My husband and I absolutely loved it.  I'll definitely make it again.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-6 slices bacon
-1 onion, chopped
-1 lb polska kielbasa (smoked and fully cooked), thinly sliced
-2 (15 1/2 oz) cans great northern beans, undrained
-1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
-1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, undrained
-1 medium green pepper, chopped (or a handful of dehydrated peppers)
-1/2 tsp dried oregano
-1/2 tsp black pepper
Directions:
Cut bacon in small chunks and fry in skillet until crisp.  With a slotted spoon remove the bacon and put it in the slow cooker.  Add onions and kielbasa to drippings in the skillet.  Cook until onions are soft.  Transfer onions and kielbasa to the slow cooker.  Add all remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir together well.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Comments

Yum! That looks great. I think I'm going to try it!

Popular Posts