Instant Pot Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Broccoli with Rice

I got my early Christmas present: an Instant Pot!  For the first meal to cook in it, I chose a simple, basic recipe that I love cooking over the stove top.  It came out nice, creamy and cheesy, and the cooking time was really short.  I loved that the entire dish, including the rice, was done in 12 short minutes!  Wow! I'm excited to experiment with my new toy. 😉 Enjoy this yummy recipe!
Ingredients:
-1.5 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks
-4 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
-1 (1 oz) envelope ranch dressing and seasoning
-2 cups rice
-2 cups water
-1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-2 Tbs milk
-1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
-5 slices thick cut bacon, chopped, cooked and drained on paper towels
Directions:
Coat bottom of inner pot with cooking spray.  Add the chicken and top with chunks of cream cheese. Sprinkle ranch all over.  Add the rice, water, broccoli, salt and pepper. Cover and secure top.  Set Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes.
Once done, do a quick release.  When safe to open, give it a good stir, then add the milk and cheese.  Mix very well.
Scoop into dishes and top with cooked bacon.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts