Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw

My awesome, awesome hubby got me a nice food processor for Christmas.  I was dying to try it!  Sadly, the one he got me was defective, but he was able to exchange it for a working one.:)  Yes, I was one happy momma. And what better way to try it than by making a nice coleslaw.  This is seriously the best coleslaw I've ever had.  The flavors are absolutely amazing!  You so have to try this one.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 lbs green cabbage
-3-4 carrots
-1 small red onion
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup yellow mustard
-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp cayenne
-salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
Cut cabbage in quarters and remove core.  Peel carrots and onion.  Quarter the onion.  Fit food processor with the large-holed grater attachment.  Shred the cabbage, carrots and onion.  Toss all the veggies together in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, pepper and cayenne.  Pour over veggies and mix very well.  Season with salt and pepper, to your liking.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from a recipe courtesy of The Neelys

Comments

Popular Posts