Churros

Well, shocker here, I have never had churros!  Everyone around me praised them like they were the best things on the planet, so of course I had to give them a try.:)  I'm so glad I did, because they were delicious!  Super easy to make and very, very tasty.  I know that they're supposed to look a little different, but hey, this was my first try.:)  They look more like a funnel cake.  Anyway, they are delicious and can't wait to make them again!  Of course, make sure you eat them nice and warm, with a glass of cold milk.  Yum!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 cup water
-2 Tbs brown sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/3 cup butter
-1 cup flour
-2 eggs
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.  Set aside.
Heat oil in frying pan.
In a sauce pan, mix water, brown sugar, salt and butter.  Mix and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and add the flour.  Mix until well blended. 
In a separate bowl mix the eggs and vanilla.  Add this to the flour mixtrure. 
Fill a decorating tool with this mixture and pipe pieces of it in the hot oil.   Fry until golden brown (they cook FAST), then drain on paper towel.  While still warm, dredge through the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts