Caesar Salad with Toasted Nuts

I LOVE Caesar salad!  It seriously is my absolute favorite.  And I love making my own dressing because it's super easy and it tastes so much better than the bottle kind. I also love adding a little crunch and nuttiness to it, so I add toasted nuts, either pecans or walnuts.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
-romaine lettuce
-cherry tomatoes, halved
-fresh croutons
-shaved Parmesan cheese
For dressing:
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-1 (2 oz) can flat anchovies, drained
-2 tsp Dijon mustard
-3 Tbs lemon juice
-1 cup mayonnaise
Directions:
Place nuts in small pan oven medium-low heat and toast (make sure to stir frequently and not burn them).  Remove pan from stove and let cool.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by putting all ingredients in blender and mix until creamy and smooth. 
Assemble the salad by tearing some of the lettuce and top with tomatoes, croutons and nuts. Drizzle some of the tummy dressing and top with the shaved cheese. YUM!  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts