Pumpkin-Apple Bread

I found the original recipe for this in an old Weight Watchers cookbook.  The combination intrigued me and I was anxious to try it.  The aroma was great, so I had high expectations.  However, the bread was quite bland.  It had potential though and I had to redeem it. :)  So, I went to work and added a lot of stuff to it.  The result was great, with an amazing taste, full of yummy flavors.  I'm glad I didn't give up on it! :)  This bread is just perfect for the fall.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 cups flour
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 egg
-1/4 cup sour cream
-1 cup buttermilk
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 apple, cored and grated
-1 cup canned pumpkin puree
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spice, and cinnamon.
In a smaller bowl, beat the egg.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Pour egg mixture over flour and mix with wooden spoon until well combined.  Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 65-75 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts