Open-Faced Herring Salad Sandwich

This is major comfort food to me. My family finds it gross, but I think they would really like it if they tried it. Anyways, the flavors are wonderful here. The saltiness of the fish adds so much flavor. I also love the crunchiness of the veggies. So, so yummy! Enjoy!
Yields 2 open-faced sandwiches
Ingredients:
-1/8 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 English cucumber, roughly chopped
-2 radishes, chopped
-2 green onions, cleaned and chopped
-1 hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped
-about 6 pieces (more or less, depending on your taste) traditional salty herring, chopped
-1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1 tsp dried dill
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 slices toasted bread (I prefer honey-wheat)
Directions:
In a bowl, combine all ingredients besides the bread. Give it a really good stir, then divide evenly between the toasted bread. YUM!

Comments

Popular Posts