Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Mashies

I have to admit that sweet potatoes and I did not have a good beginning... When I had them for the first time, they were loaded with all the sugar in the world!  Brown sugar and marshmallows galore right on top.  It made me sick!  So, I've kind of been avoiding them all these years.  Once in a while, I would steal a sweet potato fry from my hubby's plate, but that was about it.  Until I came upon this! Funny enough, it was a side dish in one of those frozen meals, but it was definitely love at first bite!  And I had to recreate it!  And it came out perfect!  YUM!  Now I can say that I love sweet potatoes too, but in a nice, spicy and savory way.  Absolute perfect combo of flavors!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
-2 Tbs butter
-2 Tbs packed brown sugar
-1/4 cup milk
-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped ( I used a small food chopper)
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
Directions:
Boil sweet potatoes until fork tender. Drain and place in your electric mixer bowl.  Mash a little using the whisk attachment, then start mixing it on low.  Add the butter and brown sugar.  Increase the speed a little.  Add remaining ingredients and whip until desired consistency.
Scoop onto serving bowl.  YUM!  Enjoy!


Comments

Lynness said…
My only experience with sweet potatoes as a child were the type you despised, and I did too, but now I love sweet potatoes and put them in all sorts of things...chili, tacos, stirfry, plain, roasted in a pan with regular potatoes, etc.

Popular Posts