Broccoli Salad

Sometime I just like to have something lighter for dinner, such as a nice salad.  But this time I wanted something different.  So I was browsing through Food Network and came across this recipe from Trisha Yearwood.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to try it.  I tweaked it just a little, but the result is absolutely fantastic!  Every bite is amazing, bursting with so much flavor!  I want to have this again and again and again.  It's sooooooo good!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-8 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
-salt
-5 cups small broccoli florets
-1 cup mayonnaise
-1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
-1 cup craisins (mine were infused with pomegranate juice [YUM!], but regular work just fine)
-1/2 cup sunflower kernels
Directions:
Cook bacon until crisp.  Drain on paper towels.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.  Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.  Drain very well.
Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the mayo, vinegar and sugar.  Mix very well.  Add the onion and craisins.  Mix well.  Add the broccoli and coat evenly.
Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
When ready to serve, add the bacon and kernels.  Mix well and enjoy every bite!
Slightly adapted from a Trisha Yearwood recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts