Grilled Salmon with Kale, Apple and Dates Salad

I admit that I have been afraid of trying kale...  I know, it's silly. :)  I usually get spinach and I'm very happy with it.  However, when my next door neighbor showed up at my door with some kale, I knew that this was my chance to finally trying it.  And yes, I liked it. :)  I didn't want to make a soup, which seems to be quite popular.  I chose to make a salad instead.  This salad has everything, seriously.  It had apples and dates, almonds, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, and kale, of course.  It also went perfectly with the grilled salmon and some rolls.  Very nice and easy dinner.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
For salad:
-1 small bunch kale
-3 Tbs lemon juice
-2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 cup chopped dates
-1 apple, cored and cut into small chunks
-1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
-3 Tbs toasted slivered almonds
-1/2 tsp pepper
For salmon:
-aluminum foil
-5 salmon fillets
-salt, to taste
-pepper, to taste
-garlic powder, to taste
Directions:
Remove the ribs from the kale and discard.  Wash the leaves very well, then slice very thin.  Place in a large bowl.  Add the lemon juice, oil and salt.  Mix very well, then let it sit for about 10 minutes.  
Add the dates, apple chunks, cheese, almonds and pepper.  Mix very well, then set aside, allowing the flavors to combine.
Place a large piece of aluminum foil on your grill.  Coat generously with cooking spray.  Turn the grill on.  While that's heating, season your salmon with the salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
Place on prepared grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.]
Serve with the kale salad and some fresh rolls.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts