Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Baby Bellas and Bacon

I only tried Brussels sprouts once before and they were not the tastiest dish I've had.  When I saw this recipe though, I thought I had to give them a second try.  I mean, how can it not taste good when mixed with mushrooms, bacon and butter??? :)  I am so glad I tried this, because I absolutely LOVED it!  Not only I enjoyed it, but my husband also who swore them off a long time ago.  We truly enjoyed this dish.  It's very flavorful and delicious!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1 lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned and quartered
-8 oz baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
-3-4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-1 tsp salt
-2 Tbs unsalted butter
-1 tsp lemon juice
Directions:
Heat oil over medium heat.  Add sprouts, mushrooms and bacon.  Season with salt and toss.
Reduce the heat to medium low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts and mushrooms are browned and tender (for about 30 minutes).
Remove pan from heat and stir in the butter.  Once butter is all melted, add the lemon juice.  Stir well and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts