Orange Chicken

We love the Panda Express Orange Chicken. but can't eat out a lot.  So, I was thrilled to find their orange sauce for sale at various grocery stores.  My joy was shortly lived because in the past few months I purchased a couple of bottles of the sauce only to find that the vinegar was in outrageous proportions!  You couldn't eat that stuff!  I tried to fix it with some sugar and honey, but to no avail.  I love orange chicken and I could not end my love affair with it.  So I searched for recipes, got inspired, and came up with this sauce.  It's very simple and yummy!:)  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 cups orange juice (pulp free)
-1 cups chicken broth
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-2 cups orange marmalade
-1 tsp red pepper flakes
-3 Tbs cornstarch
-4 large chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
-1/2 cup cornstarch
-1 tsp salt
-oil for frying
Directions:
In a sauce pan, combine orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, marmalade, and pepper flakes.  Bring to a boil.  Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.  Scoop about 1/4 cup of the sauce into a different container and mix with cornstarch.  Add mixture to the sauce.  Bring to a boil.  Turn off the heat, but keep warm until ready to serve.
Heat the frying oil.  Place 1/2 cup cornstarch and salt in large resealable bag. Add chicken chunks and stir to coat evenly. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off the excess.  Add to hot oil and fry in batches until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels. 
Add fried chicken to sauce. Mix until evenly coated.
Serve over rice.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts