Ranch-Style Fish Tostadas

This was a quick and easy recipe to put together.  I loved the filling and toppings, except for the corn tortillas.  I don't know if it was the brand I got or what, but they tasted horrible.  They tasted like cardboard sprinkled with corn.  Yuck!  So, I mixed my filling and toppings with some roasted garlic foccacia croutons that I got from Costco.  This changed everything so much!  It was delicious!  I guess you could use some flour tortillas too or some taco shells.  Either way, just don't use the corn tortillas.  Other than that, enjoy a great fish tostada!
Ingredients:
-1 Tbs oil
-about 5 tilapia fillets
-salt and pepper, to taste
-3/4 cup Cucumber Ranch, divided
-2 1/2 cups bagged coleslaw mix
-1 green pepper, chopped
-1 small red onion, chopped
-8 small flour tortillas, taco shells, or some croutons
Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet.  Seasons the fish well with salt and pepper.  Place into hot oil and cook until done (about 5 minutes on each side).  Remove plate onto large bowl and flake with a fork.  Mix the fish with half the ranch mixture. 
In a separate bowl, mix the coleslaw blend with the other half of the ranch.  To assemble, spoon some coleslaw mix onto the tortilla.  Top with fish mixture, onion and pepper.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts