Boston Cream Pie

Today is one of my favorite days: Pi(e) day!!!!  Yay!  I know, I'm a nerd, but hey, in this case, math is great!  I mean, you get a whole day to indulge in delicious pies.  What's not to like about that?  Make sure you click on the "pie" label on this blog to check out my other yummy pies.:)  Anyway, here's a quick version of the Boston Cream Pie I found here.  To make the whole thing from scratch is too much for me when I am so crammed for time.  This recipe though is super quick.  I tweaked it a bit, and here it is.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 (3.4 oz) French vanilla instant pudding
-1 cup + 2 Tbs cold milk, divided
-1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping
-1/2 yellow cake ***
-1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
-1 Tbs butter
-3/4 cup powdered sugar
***yes, that means just half the cake.  You know how when you bake a cake it usually has two layers?  You just need one for this recipe.
Directions:
Bake cake and let it cool completely.
Beat pudding mix and 1 cup of milk with mixer for 2 minutes.  Stir in whipped topping.  Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Cut the 1/2 a cake into 2 layers with a serrated knife.
Spread pudding mixture on 1 layer of the cake.  Cover it with the other layer.
Microwave chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute.  Stir until chocolate is melted.  Add sugar and remaining milk.  Mix well and spread over cake.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.  Enjoy!

Comments

Irina said…
Happy Pi(e) day!! Arata delicios!
Cristina said…
Mama Mia, delicioasa! Si celelalte placinte de mai sus!!! Looks like you went all the way on Pie Day!! :-) Thanks for posting these!