Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries

I like Brussels Sprouts.  Maybe it's because I grew up eating so much cabbage.  But I like the taste and the fact that they are filling.  I usually prepare them with bacon, but this time I wanted something different. Searching, I came across this recipe from Alton Brown.  It looked so good.  And yes, it doesn't only look good, it tastes good too.  I love the combination of the sprouts with the butter, the crunchiness of the pecans and the sweetness of the cranberries.  Definitely a winner.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
-1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
-3 Tbs unsalted butter
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-4 oz coarsely chopped dried cranberries
Directions:
Slice the sprouts thinly, either using a food processor (the thinnest slicing disk) or manually.  Set aside.
Set a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the pecans.  Cook, stirring continually, until the pecans darken in color and begin to give off a toasted aroma, about 2 minutes.  Add the butter and stir to combine.  Once the butter has melted, add the sliced sprouts, salt and pepper.  Cook, stirring continually, for about 6 minutes.
Remove pan from the heat, stir in the cranberries, and enjoy!
Slightly adapted from a recipe courtesy of Alton Brown.

Comments

Lynness said…
Looks awesome! I'll have to try it.

Popular Posts