Banana Cupcakes with White Chocolate Macademia Frosting

Ok, I'll admit that I'm addicted to Food Network.  :)  One of the shows I like to watch is Cupcake Wars.  I'm in awe at what those bakers can create in such a short amount of time.  And, yes, I drool over their creations and wish to be one of the judges.  Well, this past week we celebrated a special birthday in my family.   It was the perfect occasion for trying out one of the recipes from Cupcake Wars.  I'm so glad I had this chance because these turned out way, way better than any cupcakes I made before.  The cake was nice and moist, while the frosting was to die for.  And now I can say that I've tasted one of the famous cupcakes from the show. :)  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
For cupcakes:
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
-2 eggs
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups flour
-2 Tbs banana cream pudding mix (leave it dry)
-1 3/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 cup buttermilk
-1 ripe banana, mashed
For frosting:
-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
-2 cups powdered sugar
-1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup milk
For topping:
-1/2 cup macademia nuts, roasted and chopped
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
Cream the sugar and butter.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.  Add the flour, pudding mix and baking powder.  Pour in the buttermilk and stir until batter is smooth.  Add the mashed banana and mix well.  Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely.
While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.  Beat butter and powdered sugar until well incorporated.  Add the melted white chocolate, vanilla and milk.  Mix until light and fluffy.  Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.  Sprinkle with macademia nuts.  Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from a recipe found here.

Comments

Popular Posts