Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mother in law posted a link on Facebook to this recipe.  Of course it got me intrigued, so I made these cookies.  And they were GOOD!  Even my kids liked them!  Let me add that even my insanely picky 6 year old liked them!  That says something.  :)  I really liked the combination between the smoked bacon and the dark chocolate chips.  Great cookies!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup margarine
-6 Tbs white sugar
-6 Tbs brown sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-10 oz dark chocolate chips
-5 strips smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
-a little sea salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.  Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In your mixer, cream margarine and sugars.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.  Add the flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir in the chocolate chips and bacon crumbs.
Spoon cookies onto prepared sheets.  Sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each cookie.  Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.  Let cool completely on the baking sheets.  Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from a recipe found here.

Comments

Popular Posts