Orange and Oat Cookies

So I'm trying to lose weight, and what do I do?  I bake cookies!!!  I guess my sweet tooth was in dire need of sugar today...Well, I'm happy I did though because these are some of the most amazing cookies ever!  There is so much flavor packed in such a tiny cookie!  You have to try them!  Yum!
Ingredients:
-2 cups brown sugar
-1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
-1/2 cup shortening
-3 Tbs orange juice, pulp free
-1/2 tsp orange extract
-2 eggs
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 cups quick oats
-1 cup chopped walnuts
-1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper (this batch makes about 43 cookies!).
In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar, butter, shortening, orange juice, extract and eggs.  Once done, add the flour, baking soda, salt and oats.  Blend well.  Fold in walnuts and coconut.  Scoop dough onto cookie sheets.  Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.  Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from here.

Comments

Popular Posts